Case Study 2: Security in Bluetooth and other Mobile Devices
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
Before supporting mobile and wireless devices, organizations need to ensure that they have analyzed the potential security and implementation issues associated with those devices. Additionally, they need to ensure that they have taken the proper precautions and implemented the proper security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities. Read the NIST Draft SP 800-164, Guidelines on Hardware-Rooted Security in Mobile Devices, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-164/sp800_164_draft.pdf.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Based on what you read in the NIST SP 800-164 publication, for the Financial industry, assess the security risks and vulnerabilities associated with mobile devices in this environment. Describe the security controls that this industry needs to implement to mitigate wireless vulnerabilities.
- Assess the strategic implications of deciding to implement wireless and mobile technologies into the Financial industry environment.
- Analyze the factors that business managers must consider when determining if wireless and mobile devices are appropriate in their business environment.
- Establishing multiple layers of defense is important in security. Describe why and how the different types of security controls are necessary to mitigate potential security issues. Describe how the types of radio signals and structure of wireless and cellular networks impact the security of wireless networks.
- Create a Network Architecture diagram depicting the layers of security controls to mitigate security threats in a large corporate environment through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss the various types of radio waves and propagation in wireless networks.
- Analyze the structure and model of cellular networks.
- Analyze the network protocols and security mechanisms in wireless networks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in wireless networks.
Write clearly and concisely about wireless computing topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.