- Think of something you want or need for which you currently do not have the funds. It could be a vehicle, boat, horse, jewelry, property, vacation, college fund, retirement money, or something else. Pick something which cost somewhere between $2000 and $50,000.
- On page 270 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra you will find the “Present Value Formula,” which computes how much money you need to start with now to achieve a desired monetary goal. Assume you will find an investment which promises somewhere between 5% and 10% interest on your money and you want to purchase your desired item in 12 years. (Remember that the higher the return, usually the riskier the investment, so think carefully before deciding on the interest rate.)
- State the following in your discussion:
- The desired item
- How much it will cost in 12 years
- The interest rate you have chosen to go with from part b
- Set up the formula and work the computational steps one by one, explaining how each step is worked, especially what the negative exponent means. Explain what the answer means.
- Does this formula look familiar to any other formulas you are aware of? If so, which formula(s) and how is it similar?
- Incorporate the following five math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.):
- Negative exponent
- Rules of exponents
Your initial post should be 150-250 words in length
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.