How does EI differ from traditional conceptions of intelligence?
Unit 2 Assignment
Assessing and improving employee motivation are essential for effective leadership. These skills can promote improved job satisfaction and overall productivity for all employees. In order to properly assess motivation and satisfaction, a leader must be able to understand the needs and interpret the emotions of employees from diverse cultural backgrounds. This is referred to as emotional intelligence, which involves a sensitivity to and understanding of human expressions. (Human expressions can include facial expressions, body language, verbal communication, etc.)
Conduct searches in the Kaplan Library for journal articles that address the topics of emotional intelligence (EI) and leadership. Then, go to the internet and conduct a search for “free emotional intelligence test.” After taking the test, answer the following questions:
1. How does EI differ from traditional conceptions of intelligence?
2. After completing the emotional intelligence test, do you think that emotional intelligence can be “learned?” Do you see value in focusing on working to increase your emotional intelligence? Why or why not? (To answer this question, apply the findings from your self-evaluation.)
3. Is there a relationship between EI and leadership, between EI and motivation? How would you define those relationships?
4. Have you worked for a manager that you think exhibited a high degree of EI? Conversely, have you worked for a manager that exhibited a low level of EI? What was the impact of this manager(s) on your own motivation, productivity, and job satisfaction? Do you think the manager’s EI was beneficial when interacting with employees from culturally diverse backgrounds? Provide specific examples to explain your response.
• Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
• Double-spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font.
• The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
• The maximum page limit is 4 pages or 1200 words.
• Include at least one reference. The course textbook may not count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references should follow APA style format.
• For additional support, utilize the Kaplan Writing Center and review the document entitled, “Writing Center Resources,” found in Doc Sharing
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.