· Answer each of the following questions using the sequence and data from the iLab instructions. Answer all questions in full graduate-level sentences.
1. In your opinion, what is the purpose of our dropping the transmit power to such a low level?
2. What do access point connectivity statistics collected for the roaming station show?
3. What do you think the Wireless LAN control traffic received by the roaming 11b node when it is in the engineering building is composed of?
4. How much did our roaming node reduce the total throughput in our heavily loaded WLAN?
5. What caused this reduction in “goodput” on the 11g WLAN?
General questions concerning mixing 11b and 11g clients
· Answer each of the following questions using knowledge gained from the iLab, readings from the textbook, and individual research on the Web. Answer all questions in full graduate-level sentences and paragraphs.
6. Supposedly, 802.11b is “backwards compatible” with 802.11g, yet this lab demonstrates there are significant problems with allowing the two to coexist. What is the primary “incompatibility” between b and g?
7. There is another mechanism besides RTS/CTS that helps the incompatibility. Explain briefly the difference between RTS/CTS and CTS-to-self and when each is used.
8. What is the “protection” scheme talked about in the standard? In short, how do 11g nodes know that an 11b node is associating and how is CCK involved?
9. In addition to the added overhead of the RTS/CTS scheme, what else causes the drop in throughput you see? Are there other factors that can affect the throughput?
10. In situations where 802.11g and 802.11b are coexisting, what steps might you take to minimize the impact of the presence of the legacy nodes?
Minimum of two paragraphs that describe the following:
· What you accomplished in the assignment or iLab
· What you learned from performing it
· How it relates to course material
· How you feel it will benefit you in your academic and professional career
· Include all references used to complete this iLab. This must be in APA format.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]