Choose one of the two primary sources and one of the four secondary sources listed below:
Primary sources (for both see course reserves site, “The Witchcraft Trials of Paula de Eguiluz”)
1. Excerpts from Inquisition trial of Paula de Eguiluz
2. Excerpts from Inquistion trial of Luiz da Costa
Secondary sources (links to these journal articles are posted in Weeks 11-14 readings folder)
1. Wadsworth, “Jurema and Batuque: Indians, Africans, and the Inquisition …”
2. Redekopp, “Queering Sodomy: Interpreting the Trial of Luiz da Costa”
3. Surtz, “Morisco Women, Written Texts, and the Valencia Inquisition”
4. Goodman, “Intellectual Life under the Spanish Inquisition”
Paper assignment: In a properly formatted, short paper of 1,200-1,300 words, not including footnotes, apply your understanding of the uses of and distinctions between primary and secondary sources to a comparison of the two sources you have selected as sources of knowledge for the history of the Inquisition. What does each offer with relation to understanding the history of the Inquisition and in what ways does the nature of each source shape its usefulness? In thinking about primary and secondary sources you should revisit “How to Read a Primary Source” and might also wish to consult this University of Maryland website, which further clarifies the distinctions by adding a third category: tertiary sources
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.