Analysis of a Marketing News Story (15 per cent.) Thisis an individual assignment.
POINT OUT 3 PROBLEMs IN THE ARTICLE
You are required that you write a 1000-word analysis on a marketing news story which has appeared in 2014 and was published in English.
ANY NEWS ARTICLE FROM 100 – 500 WORDS IS APPROPRIATE
How to proceed:
- Select an appropriate marketing news story which has appeared in 2015/2016. It might be from the business press, such the Financial Times, the Economist, the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, Fortune, or Forbes, or the business section of a national newspaper such as the Daily Telegraph or the Guardian. Of course, other media sources – including ones available exclusively online – are permissible.
- What is the marketing new story about? It is about the marketing strategy or tactic of a single firm? Or does the news story raise an issue with wider marketing implications?
Points to consider in formulating your analysis:
- What marketing issues are at stake? For example, where might the marketing new story be included in a revised edition of Kotler? Why?
- Search Business Source Premier to find relevant marketing literature (e.g., the Journal of Marketing, Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal of Marketing Management, the European Journal of Marketing, the Harvard Business Review, California Management Review, Sloan Management Review, or McKinsey Quarterly) to help put the marketing story in context. Are there other examples you can cite?
- Remember that informed analysis is more than just your opinion; references to literature and examples are deemed as highly appropriate for a full and complete response.
Sources must be acknowledged; a bibliography is required, submissions lacking either or both WILL be penalised in marks. See the earlier notes on plagiarism and academic sources and referencing.
This is an analysis of the article NOT of the marketing of a company or an industry. You need to analyse the article for the content it has that is related to marketing and the topics covered within the course. You are not required to conduct a SWOT, BCG or any other sort of analysis unless that it what your chosen article is about. You should pay very close attention to the assignment briefing PowerPoint on Moodle which gives you an example of what is required. The use of tables and bullet points is acceptable as the word count given is very limited. University regulations allow for a +10% on word count limit to allow for in-text referencing; work that is over that limit is penalised by the deduction of 10% subject to a passing grade minimum of 40%, up to a maximum of being 20% over limit when a ZERO is awarded
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.